Here at Enable Me To Grow our mission is to offer resources to help families walk a spiritual path with practical feet.
We cover two main categories in our posts:
Being – Sharing ideas about improving your own spiritual life.
Doing – Providing inspiration for serving our families and communities.
Although we generally speak “as mothers, to mothers” our materials may be useful for anyone endeavoring to add a bit of spirit into their home.
Whether you are a mother, father, grandparent, auntie, uncle, older sibling, teacher, newly married couple, or expectant parent, you can use our site for this purpose.
We are honored to hear from Baha’is all over the world who are using EMTG to get ideas and inspiration about how they can put the Baha’i Teachings into practice in their own homes.
Thank you SO much for allowing someone like me to benefit from this, for being a mother is a huge undertaking to say the least, but to have these tools available to help me navigate it HELPS tremendously!
We by no means have the answers for how to do this, but the materials we share may serve as a springboard for your own consideration of a topic and decision about your individual family’s course of action.
Part of the beauty of our diverse community is that there are so many ways to share our love of Baha’u’llah. There is no way to encapsulate the creativity and work that Baha’is are putting forth in this effort so please do not limit yourself to the ideas we express on the website – be sure to let your soul be inspired by the Writings themselves!
Sometimes we get messages asking what friends can do to support our efforts.
Listed below are a few ways you can help us meet our aim of growing spiritual families:
- Share the Site – Whether it’s via Facebook, personal email, or word of mouth, sharing the website or any particular post with friends or family members who may find it useful is the #1 way to support us! “Liking” the page on Facebook also gives the site credibility. Thanks for your support!
- Give Feedback – Letting us know what you like or find useful is incredibly helpful. Comments on posts gives us an idea of what sorts of topics we should continue working on so if you want to hear more, please let us know.
- Add Ideas – We greatly appreciate comments that will add to the content of the post. Obviously there is no way we can cover everything so please share your own insight and experience so other readers can benefit, as well.
- Inform Us About Resources – If you know of a resource that you feel EMTG readers would appreciate, consider sharing it by contacting us here. Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for the resource page for moms and here for the resource page for children, to see what we have featured already. If you would like to write about a resource yourself, or if you have a particular topic you’d like to offer on our site, check out this page.
- Grab Our Button – If you have a blog or website of your own, you can display our button on your sidebar so your readers can find us. Click here to find out how.
Thank you for all your support! We feel honored that you are here, spending your own precious time reading what we have to share. We wish you all the best in your service to the glorious Faith we are all so fortunate to be a part of.
Wherefore, O ye Bahá’ís, strive ye with all your might to create, through the power of the Word of God, genuine love, spiritual communion and durable bonds among individuals. This is your task.
– Abdu’l-Baha, Selections from the Writings of Abdu’l-Baha, p. 246)
Chelsea and Penina
I think Enable Me to Grow is an amazing resource for creating a Baha’i identity in young children. I always use the website for getting ideas for my nephew whenever I get to visit him, and I know my sister-in-law uses it too. It is also a useful resource for Children’s Classes or children’s programmes during 19 Day Feasts, since the ideas can be altered to suit older children as well or to cater for younger children joining in. Thank you for this great service!