Over the past month we have been working with an artist to create a special piece of art for our website which you may have already seen displayed as the beautiful new banner on our homepage. The piece was especially created for our website by freelance artist Laura Caldentey from Spain. We are so pleased that Laura has transferred our ideas into artistic reality through her lovely work. You can find Laura’s Etsy shop here.
After creating this piece, we thought it was too precious to keep to ourselves. So using the picture and the prayer that inspired our website’s name we took a step further to make a special prayer poster to share with everyone. You can use it to decorate your child’s room, to give as a gift, or to print out to keep in your own prayer book.
The ideas we want to convey in this piece are:
- A mother needs to nurture her spirit to be the best person, and mother, she can be
- A child learns from the mother how to nurture his/her spirit, as she is the first educator
- Children will often follow in the footsteps of their parents
- Both parents can nurture children, at home and in their neighborhood
- Children have a special role in community building
- Each child is a beautiful creation in the Garden of God (diversity of children)
- Each child has unique talents to offer the world (each one has tool and role to help with the garden – spreading seeds, planting, watering, bringing joy)
- Pure souls who have passed on to the spiritual world are still a special part of our family (baby with angel wings). Please note that Baha’is do not believe in the literal form of an angel, however this image has just been used to represent the spirit of a child who has passed on to the spiritual realm. Miscarriages are so common that we wanted to include a visual representation of these unborn children in our human family picture.
- Though we may not see the fruits of our labors while serving as educators of children, the seeds have been planted and we should have faith that they will grow in time
To read more about art on our website please see this page.
We have added five sizes of the prayer poster in JPEG format to our membership package (8×10, 5×7 and 6×4 to be printed as regular photographs plus 11×14 and 12×12 with extra wide edges to print on a canvas). You can simply save the file and get it printed at most stores that print photos.
Are you wondering how you can get a copy of the poster? Basically if you donate any amount to our website, you will get access to our membership materials which include the poster as well as over 25 other printable documents that can aid with service to your family and community. Simply copy the JPEG of the correct size onto a USB stick or memory card and take it to a photo printing shop.
We would greatly appreciate it if you would only make one print of the poster per donation. This was a specially commissioned piece which is offered as a special gift to contributors in thanks for their financial support which allows our website to keep running. If you would like to make more prints of the poster for friends and families (it would make a lovely gift!), please donate another US$5 per extra copy you wish to make.
Both our new CD and more information about our membership materials can be found on our Store page which you can find at the top of our website.
We greatly appreciate your support and hope you will enjoy these resources!