Ayyam-i-Ha is drawing near! This is the first in a series of 10 posts which will offer ideas for the festivities ahead.
Please note that all the ideas in these posts are in no way Baha’i traditions – as there are no traditions in the Baha’i Faith – and that they are simply ideas individuals have used in order to celebrate the spirit of Ayyam-i-Ha and make the holiday a special time for their own family.
Each of these posts allows you to upload photos and/or make comments, so please share your ideas. The more we can collect together, the more inspiration we can use this year and in the future!
Here’s what you have to look forward to:
Countdown to Ayyam-i-Ha
Share your Ayyam-i-Ha Decorations
Family Traditions for Celebrating Ayyam-i-Ha in the Home
Ayyam-i-Ha Party Ideas
Check Out These Ayyam-i-Ha Books
Learn and Share Ayyam-i-Ha Songs
Teaching About Ayyam-i-Ha
Service Projects for Ayyam-i-Ha
Ayyam-i-Ha Gift Ideas
Sign up to receive our posts by email, or join our Facebook page to be notified of posts on your Wall, if you’d like to hear more about the topics above.
So back to counting down to Ayyam-i-Ha. Some families take this very seriously! Here are a few ideas based on creating an advent-type calendar for your family:
- Attach a clip to each square to show how many days are left until Ayyam-i-Ha
- Fill your pockets with a small treat (or one treat for each child, if you have several children). Click here to read more and see more pictures of this beautiful calendar up close.
- Fill your pockets with activities written and attached to popsicle sticks to be turned over each day, activities such as service projects, reading books or singing songs about Ayyam-i-Ha, and decorating the house. Click here to find a list of 19 possible activities.
- This calendar holds a quotation for each day of counting down. Click here to find out about the quotations and how it was made.
- Fill you pockets with quotations, prayers, little treats, etc. Click here to find a tutorial on how to make this beautiful calendar.
Though there is not a full Baha’i month left till the first day of Ayyam-i-Ha, you could still create a simple 10-day countdown for your family with poster board and tape. Or just save the idea in your memory bank for next year.
You could also create a nine or 10 day count down by putting together a nine-pointed star (draw it on paper or on the window) and coloring in the points or adding colored paper with each day leading up to Ayyam-i-Ha. And finally, you could create a box with however many section you’d like to fill as well. Read more about these ideas here.
Do you have any other countdown ideas to share? Please share your photos and comments below!
[nggallery id= 10]
Upload your photo:
[ngg_uploader id = 10]